Tuesday, January 24, 2012

"It's bloody cold here!"

We arrived to Aberdeen on Tuesday, January 17th to a beautiful sunrise and nippy temperatures.  One of my biggest concerns when I found out we were moving to Scotland (especially in the winter) was the lack of sunlight. Needless to say, I was relieved and felt very welcome when I saw this.

It has actually been pretty nice and sunny since we arrived however, the sun doesn't come up until after 8 and usually goes down by 5. We are getting closer to spring though so the days get longer by 5 minutes or so each day. Our really long days will start at the end of March. 13-15 hours of sunlight...yes, please!

After we arrived, we quickly showered and got ready as we were both anxious to see our new home. Side note: This is where the title of the blog was born. I was freezing when I got out of the shower and said "It's bloody cold here!" and Ryan laughed out loud. I guess the fact that I had quickly adapted to the British lingo tickled him. Anyway, we were both (especially me since I had only seen pictures) very anxious to see the house and start learning our way around our new city. Our landlords met us a the house and they have got to be the nicest people in Scotland. It will be great having such genuinely nice people just up the road in case we need anything.
Just a sneak peak...more to come later

The rest of the week was spent learning our way around and getting the house prepared for our things to arrive. We are very excited that we'll have a Costco just 5 minutes away, I think we've already been there 5 times! The pace and lifestyle in Scotland is going to be much different than Singapore but I think we are very keen on our new surroundings!

No comments:

Post a Comment