Monday, November 12, 2012

Beating the Winter Blues

Another weekend gone! Despite the very, very long nights the days are still flying by! I'm not going to lie, the sun going down at 4:30 is starting to get to me but I am religious about taking my vitamin D, exercising and getting outside as much as possible to try to soak up what sun light there is....seasonal affective disorder (SAD) you will not take over this house! Speaking of beating the winter blues, this is what we did to conquer it this weekend thanks to some amazing fall weather. I hope there are many hiking days left this season. I just can't get enough!

Saturday: I went to Scolty Hill with Falene and her lab, Kady and after our hike devoured some delicious Swiss hot chocolate from The Chocolate Shop.



The glass starts with hardened chocolate on the inside, then hot milk is poured in and it's topped with a chocolate disc. Heavenly.
Sunday: Ryan, Angus and I along with our friends Jonathan, Laine and their pup, Bailey went for a short hike in Kirkhill Forest. This is a great walk and it's only 10 minutes from Aberdeen which makes it even better!






What do you do to beat the winter blues?

No comments:

Post a Comment