Friday, April 26, 2013

Monday Funday with Debbie

I decided to fly back from London on Monday night so I could get a day of site seeing with Debbie! And rushing to the airport after running 26.2 miles did not sound appealing what so ever.

We took the tube (mass transport system) to Hyde Park and made our way to Buckingham Palace, Westminster Abbey, the Parliament Building and Big Ben.
Spring has sprung!

Little Ducklings





Westminster Abbey

Big Ben

Parliament Building

We then took another tube over to Tower Hill to see Tower Bridge. This is one part of the race I actually remember because it was the first major landmark I recognized and it was super, super loud as everyone ran over. And it marked the 1/2 way point of the race. Super cool!






After the Tower Bridge, I just had a little bit before I needed to head to the airport so we decided to have a fancy cocktail at the top of Heron Tower at Sushi Samba. It's on the 38th floor and there are great views of the city.
The Gerkin

Monday Funday

So glad I stayed the extra day and now I can't wait to go back. Next trip (with Ryan in tow) is in the works! Thanks, Debbie for a fabulous weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment