Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy 236th Birthday, America!

It's the 4th of July!!! It's my favorite holiday of the year! It's everything American and Summer rolled into one day. You don't have to worry with presents or preparing a huge meal that takes you all day; it's simple things that make this holiday so great and I truly think it's the one I miss the most. Our fourth of Julys were always full of family, friends, hanging out by the pool or lake, watching a baseball game and enjoying a hot dog or hamburger and of course, ending the day with a firework production (my favorite). Such great memories associated with this holiday! In Singapore, the American Association of Singapore put on a fabulous celebration full of music, food and fireworks. There are no 4th of July celebrations in Scotland but I will show my American pride here on this little 'ol blog.

I took the following video at the Rangers' post-game fireworks show (to 80's music!!!) a couple of weeks back, while I was home, knowing that I would need my fix come July 4th! Enjoy, especially you Americans who are not in the US of A this 4th of July!



 If the video isn't working click here to enjoy the show! (sorry for that!) And I apologize for my singing in advance :-)

I'm also linking up with Michelle at the The Vintage Apple again for Oh, How Pinteresting Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment