Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Caitlin's Leaving Do: Go Ape! and a Girls' Night Out

Do (noun): a party or other social event.

This is a new noun for me when describing a party. I have heard everything from shindig to fiesta but never "do". But I like it and after all, party is what we do.

A couple of weeks ago we spent a Saturday celebrating a very dear friend, Caitlin, before she embarks on her next adventure back in Oklahoma. Caitlin moved here about the same time we did but was only in Aberdeen on a rotational assignment with her job. She has been so much fun and we are going to miss her!

We started the day at a ropes course called GoApe! located at Crathes Castle. We had perfect weather, although the rain threatened us on the drive out (it always does that!), and a great day climbing, zipping and squealing(that Tarzan swing will get you everytime!) through the trees.




I Love this kind of stuff!
My favorite, the Tarzan swing!
So much fun!
Showing off our certificates!
Acting like monkeys!

We all went home to regroup and get ready for a night on the town. We started with dinner at Soul, an Aberdeen favorite, and then headed out for a night of dancing and making memories. It was a great day and although we'll miss Caitlin, I'm glad we were able to give her one last, fun night out in the 'Deen!



3 comments:

  1. The ropes course looks so fun! I love that kind of stuff too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you had a great time! I am going to miss Caitlin so much:(

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much fun! I will miss Caitlin too! Thanks for organizing Jill!

    ReplyDelete