Thursday, July 5, 2012

Trip Home Recap: G+L Wedding

Let me give you a little back story on how I know the couple and how they became to be husband and wife...

Laura and I were sorority sisters at Texas Tech and became great friends her last year (I did a victory lap). We stayed close after she moved to Dallas to work and I finished up at Tech and then continued schooling in Galveston. She is always the life of the party and it's a guaranteed fun time when we get together.


I met Griff shortly after I started dating Ryan. Griff was good friends with Ryan’s good friend, Nick and we all quickly became friends since we were all hanging out with the same people in Houston. One of the first times I hung out with Griff, I instantly thought that he and Laura would be great together. They both have a passion for life, Texas country music and Texas Tech like I’ve never known.

All these pictures were taken at a Tx Country concert and with our Guns Up :-)

It wouldn’t be until 2 years later at Ryan's and my wedding that they would finally have a chance to meet. I had told both of them about each other but only briefly. So, knowing that they would both be at my wedding, I encouraged them both not to bring dates. Griff listened, Laura did not. Laura had been off and on with a guy and brought him to my wedding after I strongly advised against. Luckily, she and this guy were on the way out so she didn’t completely sabotage my match making.  I knew from almost the first time I met Griff, they would hit it off and they spent both nights of my wedding weekend talking by the campfire and folks...the rest is history.


The G+L wedding 'weekend' started Wednesday when Ryan and I arrived in Houston. It wasn't 30 minutes later that Laura and I were off getting wedding mani/pedis. Courtney (bridesmide and BFF) and her little boy Easton arrived late Wednesday night. (I am so thankful I was able to spend a couple of extra days before the wedding with my girls and little peanut! I cherish our time together; we never skip a beat!) We hit the ground running Thursday morning, preparing the goodie bags for the hotel and trying to get all the last minute things completed.
The bride, me and Easton. He's a good little helper!

They were married on June 23 at Briscoe Manor in Richmond, Texas. It was absolutely perfect and everything went off with out a hitch! The ceremony was performed by Laura's uncle and he made it very personal. He asked Laura and Griff before the wedding what they loved about each other and it was my favorite part of the ceremony. My eyes welled up with tears as I was once again assured that these two are perfect for each other.
The yellow shoes were the perfect touch.
Girl time before the ceremony!
The reception was a blast. Laura was able to fulfill her dream of having someone play a Wade Bowen or Stoney Larue song acoustic for the first dance. Bo Brumble sang Wade Bowen's Who I Am and it was perfect. The rest of the night,  tunes were turned by a great DJ and we spent most of the night on the dance floor and catching up with our friends.

Great times with great friends!


The couple was sent off by the remaining guests to start their wonderful life together!

Congratulations, Griff and Laura! I am so blessed to be a part of your wonderful love story. Wishing you a lifetime of love and laughter!

No comments:

Post a Comment